Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using a single cell value change to alter multiple references.

Hi,

I am a relative newcomer to Excel, so forgive me if this is either
impossible or a completely backwards way of working.

My boss has given me a challenge to turn a huge spreadsheet he has of
projects into neat individual report style layouts which he can print
off and give to his bosses. Each row on the sheet has to have a
seperate report. Now I can create a simple report style template in
excel, with fields which reference each specific cell in the original
sheet. What I want to know if it is possible for me to change all the
cell references by altering the value in one cell.

For instance if i created a cell with a number in it, lets say '5'. Is
there a way I can get the cell references to recognise this as a row
number (i.e. =Thefulllist!E5) so that if i changed the value to say 8,
all the row references would change as well (i.e. =Thefulllist!E8),
repopulating the data?

I cannot alter the structure of the original table as it is in use
company wide, nor do I have access to Access.

Thanks, Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Answered in excel.misc.

Please don't post separately to multiple NGs.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]