Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Selecting From a Choice for Printing Out

Hello,

Can this be done in Excel?

A large list of options are created from which I'd only select a few.

These few only are then reproduced on a second spreadsheet for
printing and/or exported to WORD.

example ...

"client has a"
"client has b"
"client has c"
"client has d"
"client has e"

.... if I select only b and e, say, then the two complete statement of
b and e are then duplicated on another spreadsheet or made exportable
to WORD.

The selections could be in the form of tickboxes or whatever is best
appropriate to mark quickly.

Is this possible? I have tried it in WORD and got nowhere.

Cheers!

Iain Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

yes, this is possible.
the "reproduced on another excel sheet" is easy - the "exported to
Word" is harder. doing this in Word would be harder to code because
you can't have different worksheets as in excel.

you'd have to start by creating a userform with checkboxes for each of
your sheets/ranges of data.
search the newsgroup for userforms (or the internet for excel
userforms) to get you started.
hth
susan

On Mar 25, 4:50 am, Iain Scott wrote:
Hello,

Can this be done in Excel?

A large list of options are created from which I'd only select a few.

These few only are then reproduced on a second spreadsheet for
printing and/or exported to WORD.

example ...

"client has a"
"client has b"
"client has c"
"client has d"
"client has e"

... if I select only b and e, say, then the two complete statement of
b and e are then duplicated on another spreadsheet or made exportable
to WORD.

The selections could be in the form of tickboxes or whatever is best
appropriate to mark quickly.

Is this possible? I have tried it in WORD and got nowhere.

Cheers!

Iain Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Iain, The answer is yes, it can be done in Excel.

For efficiency, the data to be moved from one sheet to another should be
allocated to specifice sized ranges, so many rows x so many columns. Even if
every entry does not completely use the allocated space, you will at least
know where each record begins and ends. Then you can either copy and paste
the records from one sheet to the other or simply use the
Worksheets(2).Range("A1") = Worksheets(1).Range("A1") method to transfer the
records. Copy is more appropriate for multiple cells. Once transferred,
make the "To" sheet the active sheets and do ActiveSheet.PrintOut. That's
the basics. Good luck.