Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Having User Defined functions in their own Insert Function category?

Try looking he

http://xcell05.free.fr/

Tom Ogilvy

"Don Wiss" wrote in message
I'm using xl 2002.

I'm following this page: http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/udf-cat-description.htm

It shows a function similar to this, with the Category argument being fed
description for a new category. When running it I get a 1004 error.

Sub AddCategoryDescription2()
Application.MacroOptions Macro:="GetAbbrev", _
Category:="CalcILF"
End Sub

But then if I change to this it runs, and moves my GetAbbrev function from
the User Defined category to #16, which happens to be engineering. And the
description is added.

Sub AddCategoryDescription()
Application.MacroOptions Macro:="GetAbbrev", _
Category:=16
End Sub

Reading the help file for MacroOptions it states that the argument for
Category must be an integer. So how does one create a new category, where
want to put all my UDFs? Then it would be nice if I could have the add-in
itself, when loaded, create the category and put its functions in it with
descriptions.

Don <www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).