Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using OR

I have a form that requires the user to enter information. I want
excel to prompt the user if there is missing information. I
originally had if statements for each and every text box which seemed
excessive to me. I experimented with using or and it works for the
first part of the forma but not the second. Can I only have two
options? Any suggestions to make this work?
Here is the code:
Private Sub btnNext_Click()

'This part works
If txtEvalName.Value = "" Or txtEvalDate.Value = "" Then
GoTo d
Else
Cells(4, 7).Value = txtEvalName.Value
Cells(5, 3).Value = txtEvalDate.Value
End If

If opt6month.Value = False And opt12month.Value = False And
optSpecial.Value = False Then
GoTo d
ElseIf opt6month.Value = True Then
Cells(5, 14).Value = "6 Month Review"
ElseIf opt12month.Value = True Then
Cells(5, 14).Value = "Annual Review"
ElseIf optSpecial.Value = True Then
Cells(5, 14).Value = "Special Review"
End If

'~~~~~Employee Information~~~~~
'this does not work
If txtEmpName.Value = "" Or txtEmpPosition.Value = "" Or
txtEmpDept.Value = "" Or txtEmpResp.Value = "" Or txtHireDate.Value
Then
GoTo d
Else
Cells(3, 3).Value = txtEmpName.Value
Cells(3, 7).Value = txtEmpPosition.Value
Cells(4, 3).Value = txtEmpDept.Value
Cells(4, 14).Value = txtEmpResp.Value
Cells(3, 14).Value = txtHireDate.Value
End If

Unload Me

TCIntro.Show

Exit Sub

d: MsgBox "Please verify that all fields have been filled in and
click 'Next' again"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Shouldn't...
Or txtHireDate.Value
read...
Or txtHireDate.Value = ""
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"stewart"
wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes it should. I can't believe I missed it. Thanks for catching
that.

On Mar 22, 10:22 pm, "Jim Cone" wrote:
Shouldn't...
Or txtHireDate.Value