Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Different outcome if I single Step or just run the code

Hy, I am getting a different output running the code and stepping
through the code (F8). The code works if i single Step but it wont
work if I just run it...

Does anybody can give me an advice on how to fix this problem ??

Many thanks.

Philipp

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Actually it is pretty straight forward ... at least the beginning of
the code. It is only verifying a cell.

Below only part of the code... D10 is 0704 If I single step I get 0704
however if I run it it returns the error the message that it is not
0704 ...

Any idea ???

Many thanks !!!!!!

Option Explicit
Public SourceBook, TargetBook, UpdateBook, BRPBook, DCAPBook,
OldStatusbar, S As String
Public DFC As Boolean

Sub Initialise0704()
Dim i1, i2, rk1, rk2, kl, NbOfRows As Long
Dim R As Range
Dim FileToOpen As Variant
Dim RowInserted As Boolean
Dim Response As String

TargetBook = ActiveWorkbook.Name

' Open new portfoliofile

FileToOpen = Application _
.GetOpenFilename("Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls", , "Select an ER-
Portfolio-file")
If FileToOpen = "" Then
Exit Sub
Else
Workbooks.Open Filename:=FileToOpen
End If
SourceBook = ActiveWorkbook.Name
Sheets(1).Activate
If Range("D10").Value < "0704" Then
Windows(SourceBook).Close SaveChanges:=False
MsgBox ("This procedure will open SFC0704 events only")
Exit Sub
End If

On 21 Mrz., 13:05, "NickHK" wrote:
Depends what the code does, but maybe some timing issue.

NickHK

wrote in message

oups.com...

Hy, I am getting a different output running the code and stepping
through the code (F8). The code works if i single Step but it wont
work if I just run it...

Does anybody can give me an advice on how to fix this problem ??

Many thanks.

Philipp- Zitierten Text ausblenden -

- Zitierten Text anzeigen -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is probably because you are not referring to the sheet that you think.
This is one reason why it is better to use qualified objects e.g.

Dim WB as workbook

set WB= Workbooks.Open(Filename:=FileToOpen)
End If

If WB.Sheets(1).Range("D10").Value < "0704" Then
WB.Close SaveChanges:=False
MsgBox "This procedure will open SFC0704 events only"
Exit Sub
'...etc

Also, you do know that:
Public SourceBook, TargetBook, UpdateBook, BRPBook, DCAPBook, OldStatusbar,
S As String

Only results in S being a string. All the others are variants. You need to
specify each data type:
Public SourceBook As String, TargetBook As String, ...etc

NickHK

ups.com...

On 21 Mrz., 13:05, "NickHK" wrote:
Depends what the code does, but maybe some timing issue.

NickHK

oups.com...