Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2002 Random Exe Error

I have a set of Excel spreadsheets that are randomly crashing. Once a
file generates the exe error it is not recoverable. The file and its
intent are heavily relied on for a monthly business process. There
are 28 tabs, about 50 linked files (not a large amount of data on any
one), no pivots or charts, just some formatting for printing, some
permission settings, and the calculations to bring the data into
meaningful information. I have followed best practices to the best of
my knowledge. The problem is that randomly a file will crash and
throw an exe error, and it is not recoverable after that. I don't
know where to start to look to track what is going on when the file is
being saved or opened. I have a suspicion that perhaps some limit on
calculation occurs on the save? But I see Excel updating on the open,
so perhaps the limit is reached sometimes on the close, sometimes on
an open. What events should I look for?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mar 20, 2:20 pm, wrote:

[...]
an open. What events should I look for?- Hide quoted text -

Yes, I have, to no avail. Can you tell me though why they would/could
cause a problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
I don't know I'm afraid, it's just a discussion I remember from a few
years ago. I don't know what thread it might be either. you could try
googling this group with "unexpected Excel crash" or similar

Paul

On Mar 20, 2:20 pm, wrote:

[...]

cause a problem?- Hide quoted text -