Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dependent Lists & Timesheets...

Hi Everyone,

I'm currenlty creating a timesheet with 4 columns of data. Col A will
hold the Client, Col B the Team (Accounts / Marketing / Events), Col C
will be a 4 digit project number (entered manually) and Col D is the
Job code (Visit / Development / Invoice etc).

I need employees to be able to choose a client from the drop down in
A, which will then determine which list of teams they see in B. Then
make a choice in B which determines the list of jobs shown in column
D.

Employees need to account for every six minutes (!!) of their time to
allow for cross and back charging (accountants dream!).

I was able to use previous posts and Debra Dalgleish's examples to
achieve the dependent list - thanks.

The issue I'm now facing is that, so I don't annoy the employees, I
need to be able to autofill the rest of the rows (85 a day) with their
initial choice until such a time when they change clients/jobs and
make a new choice from the drop down lists. I tried adding =A3 into
A4 but the data validation wouldn't work as I think (have got brain
melt at the moment) the data validation in Debra's example
[ =IF(B3="",BusCodeList,B3) ] relies on the cells in the row being
empty...

Has anyone got any ideas? If possible I'd like to be able to achieve
this without coding.

Thanks for your time/help,

Dani