Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Here are the steps I want to automate...I have recorded a macro but here is my problem.

First, let me describe what I want to automate and also what I've been
able to accomplish with the recorder.

Step 1

Every day, I have a text file full of A/R numbers, G/L account
numbers, and dollar amounts in three columns. I paste this text file
into Excel, go text-to-columns, never requiring adjustment in the text-
to-columns window. I then sort by G/L account number and remove
unwanted G/L account numbers and also subtotal amounts and other text
that ends up at the bottom -- it is unneeded for the pivot table I
will eventually do. Then, I do the same thing with the prior date's
text file. I then run a pivot table to see which A/R numbers have
changed.

I have been able to record a macro that will run the pivot table for a
given two days. THe problem is that I don't know how to delete the
"junk" that is at the bottom of the sort dynamically at ANY given
day. I also don't know how to select dynamically since some days have
more data (and thus more rows) than other days.

Is there any good learning tool out there for learning how to do
this? Could any of you help me ?