Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2007 - Personnal CommandBars

I used to program (with VisualBasic) personal commandbars under Excel
2003 and older...

All those commandbars works fine with Excel 2007 but I don't know how
to hide the new commandbars created by Microsoft (I think they call it
Ribbon) in order to have only my personnal commandbars visible on the
top of the Excel sheet.

Can someone help me with this.

Thank you

Lucky

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To the right of the Quick Access Toolbar is a downward pointing arrow
(Customise QAT)
Click this and select Minimize Ribbon
OR
Use CTRL+F1
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Lucky" wrote in message
oups.com...
I used to program (with VisualBasic) personal commandbars under Excel
2003 and older...

All those commandbars works fine with Excel 2007 but I don't know how
to hide the new commandbars created by Microsoft (I think they call it
Ribbon) in order to have only my personnal commandbars visible on the
top of the Excel sheet.

Can someone help me with this.

Thank you

Lucky

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 11 mar, 20:01, "Bernard Liengme"
wrote:
To the right of the Quick Access Toolbar is a downward pointing arrow
(Customise QAT)
Click this and select Minimize Ribbon
OR
Use CTRL+F1
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengmewww.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove caps from email

"Lucky" wrote in message

oups.com...

I used to program (with VisualBasic) personal commandbars under Excel
2003 and older...

All those commandbars works fine with Excel 2007 but I don't know how
to hide the new commandbars created by Microsoft (I think they call it
Ribbon) in order to have only my personnal commandbars visible on the
top of the Excel sheet.

Can someone help me with this.

Thank you

Lucky- Masquer le texte des messages précédents -

- Afficher le texte des messages précédents -

Thank you Bernard ... but what I need to do is custumize the ribbon in
order that the only toolbar visible in that file will be my personnal
toolbar.

Thanks again

Lucky

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Lucky -

Google could help you with this. Just search for "Excel 2007 Ribbon"
(without the quotes).

Here are some of my favorites:

Patrick Schmid's RibbonCustomizer at
http://pschmid.net/index.php

Ron de Bruin's page at
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

- Mike
http://www.mikemiddleton.com

"Lucky" wrote in message
oups.com...
I used to program (with VisualBasic) personal commandbars under Excel
2003 and older...

All those commandbars works fine with Excel 2007 but I don't know how
to hide the new commandbars created by Microsoft (I think they call it
Ribbon) in order to have only my personnal commandbars visible on the
top of the Excel sheet.

Can someone help me with this.

Thank you

Lucky

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

but what I need to do is custumize the ribbon in order that the only
toolbar visible in that file will be my personnal toolbar.

That's not possible. With the ribbon you get all of it or none of it. What
you should do is recreate your menus in RibbonX, using the StartFromScratch
attribute to remove all (most anyway) of Excel's ribbon. Look at Ron's site
that Mike pointed you toward. And also:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/office/aa905530.aspx

Yes, there is a learning curve to be ascended but the ribbon isn't going
away anytime soon so it's a good long term investment to learn about it.

--
Jim
ps.com...
wrote:
To the right of the Quick Access Toolbar is a downward pointing arrow
(Customise QAT)
Click this and select Minimize Ribbon
OR
Use CTRL+F1