Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Use of Like to extract data

I have to process a large number of cells looking for various strings
consisting of numbers followed by a decimal. The strings can consist
of 1, 2 or 3 digits then the decimal. I need to extract the string
if

I find it. I have tried this approach looking for a single digit and
a decimal.

strCall = ActiveCell.Value2
For iCnt = 1 To Len(strCall)
If (Mid(strCall, iCnt, 1) Like "*[0-9,.]*") Then
MsgBox iCnt
MsgBox Mid(strCall, iCnt, 2)
Exit For
End If
Next iCnt

Is there a better/faster way that I can do it without looping through
the string containing the data character by character?

Thanks for your help.