Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Syntax- drop down menu contents wanted

Could someone explain how to get the drop-down menu for this line ?

TabStrip1.Tabs(1).

Trying to see what's allowed. The only one found so far is caption.

Thanks - Kirk
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can't get intellisense to work either. But perhaps two things can help:

1. Put a breakpoint in your code, then add a watch on Tabstrip1.Tabs(1).
You will see the properties available on the Tab Object.

2. Search the VBA Help for "Tab Object", or, Click on the TabStrip Control,
click F1 and find your way to the Tab Object.

"kirkm" wrote:

Could someone explain how to get the drop-down menu for this line ?

TabStrip1.Tabs(1).

Trying to see what's allowed. The only one found so far is caption.

Thanks - Kirk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Kirk,
As I type the "(" in "TabStrip1.Tabs(", Intellisense comes up with
"Item(varg) As Object".
As it is the generic Object, the IDE has no way to know which properties,
methods etc are available.
If it had be declared "As SomeClass", then the Type Library could yield the
correct info.

That's my take anyway...

NickHK

"kirkm" wrote in message

Could someone explain how to get the drop-down menu for this line ?

TabStrip1.Tabs(1).

Trying to see what's allowed. The only one found so far is caption.

Thanks - Kirk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Kirk,

Open the Object Browser (F2), choose "MSForms" in the top dropdown and enter
"tabstrip" in the 2nd dropdown. Then in the lower left-hand box click on
"tab" and its properties will show in the lower-right hand box. At least,
it works that way in XL 2003.

hth,

Doug

"kirkm" wrote in message

Could someone explain how to get the drop-down menu for this line ?

TabStrip1.Tabs(1).

Trying to see what's allowed. The only one found so far is caption.

Thanks - Kirk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 20:37:59 -0800, "Doug Glancy"
wrote:

Kirk,

Open the Object Browser (F2), choose "MSForms" in the top dropdown and enter
"tabstrip" in the 2nd dropdown. Then in the lower left-hand box click on
"tab" and its properties will show in the lower-right hand box. At least,
it works that way in XL 2003.

Thanks Doug (and everyone). I got there :)

Looks like what I wanted isn't there. I'm using variable width tabs on
my tabstrip. The only way I can (see to) set a varying size it to use
strng$(xx,32) in the name.

It seemed a bit fudgy so I was hoping for a better method.
But it works.

Thanks - Kirk