Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Listbox - Width

Hi,

I have a listbox which pulls from a column in my worksheet, each cell has a
line of text. My problem is Some of the text gets cut off.

1.) I do not have room to make the listbox larger
2.) I need the sorting capabilites that the listbox offers
3.) I dont believe there are the same text options (Multinline , wordwrap)
as with textbox's
4.) Ive tried creating it as a multi- column listbox but then it doesnt
pull the correct defined cells from the worksheet

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am not sure what you mean by "don't have enough room to make the listbox
larger. If it is on a UserForm, you can expand the UserForm and then widen
the listbox. If it is not on a user form, you can reposition the control on
the sheet an widen the listbox using the width property. It seems to be the
only option if you have to use the listbox.

"Benz" wrote:

Hi,

I have a listbox which pulls from a column in my worksheet, each cell has a
line of text. My problem is Some of the text gets cut off.

1.) I do not have room to make the listbox larger
2.) I need the sorting capabilites that the listbox offers
3.) I dont believe there are the same text options (Multinline , wordwrap)
as with textbox's
4.) Ive tried creating it as a multi- column listbox but then it doesnt
pull the correct defined cells from the worksheet

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for responding.

I don't have enough room because of other boxes within the userform. Is
there a way to make a useform full screen? Like maximize/Minimize? That might
help.

"Benz" wrote:

Hi,

I have a listbox which pulls from a column in my worksheet, each cell has a
line of text. My problem is Some of the text gets cut off.

1.) I do not have room to make the listbox larger
2.) I need the sorting capabilites that the listbox offers
3.) I dont believe there are the same text options (Multinline , wordwrap)
as with textbox's
4.) Ive tried creating it as a multi- column listbox but then it doesnt
pull the correct defined cells from the worksheet

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In VBE design mode, you can click on the UserForm (not the controls) and then
click and hold on the handles to drag the forms to whatever size you need.
It also has a length and width property that can be set in the properties
window. To access the form in design mode, press Alt+f11 which opens the VB
editor. In the project window on the left side of the screen, double click
on the UserForm you need to adjust and when it appears in the code window, do
your thing.