Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Keyboard vs Mouse

I am attempting to help someone with a disability to use Excel.

Is there any way to establish keystrokes (shortcuts) in place of using the
mouse to push buttons on the toolbars?

Thanks in advance...
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200709
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try pressing Alt one time to access the menu bar.
From there you can use Tab or the arrow keys to access File, Edit, View,
etc.

If you want to access the other Toolbars, once you are on the menu bar by
pressing Alt one time, then use Ctrl+Tab to access the various Toolbars.
When you are on the desired Toolbar, then you can use Tab or the arrow keys
to access the desired Toolbar item. Press enter to select the item.

HTH,
Paul

"Gary''s Student" wrote in message
I am attempting to help someone with a disability to use Excel.

Is there any way to establish keystrokes (shortcuts) in place of using the
mouse to push buttons on the toolbars?

Thanks in advance...
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200709

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you very much.

I'll start her out using your suggestions. I can now create some easy
shortcuts for her myself using macros with SendKey combinations if she needs
more help.

Thanks again.
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200709

"PCLIVE" wrote:

Try pressing Alt one time to access the menu bar.
From there you can use Tab or the arrow keys to access File, Edit, View,
etc.

If you want to access the other Toolbars, once you are on the menu bar by
pressing Alt one time, then use Ctrl+Tab to access the various Toolbars.
When you are on the desired Toolbar, then you can use Tab or the arrow keys
to access the desired Toolbar item. Press enter to select the item.

HTH,
Paul

"Gary''s Student" wrote in message
I am attempting to help someone with a disability to use Excel.

Is there any way to establish keystrokes (shortcuts) in place of using the
mouse to push buttons on the toolbars?

Thanks in advance...
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200709

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No problem.
It is a pleasure to be able to contribute back to the Excel community.
There is so much to we can do in Excell and I think we all can learn from
each other at some point.

Glad to help.

"PCLIVE" wrote:

Try pressing Alt one time to access the menu bar.
From there you can use Tab or the arrow keys to access File, Edit, View,
etc.

If you want to access the other Toolbars, once you are on the menu bar by
pressing Alt one time, then use Ctrl+Tab to access the various Toolbars.
When you are on the desired Toolbar, then you can use Tab or the arrow
keys
to access the desired Toolbar item. Press enter to select the item.

HTH,
Paul

"Gary''s Student" wrote in
message
I am attempting to help someone with a disability to use Excel.

Is there any way to establish keystrokes (shortcuts) in place of using
the
mouse to push buttons on the toolbars?

Thanks in advance...
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200709

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks
--
Gary''s Student
gsnu200709

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Check out this link for a list of the existing shortcut keys...

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ShortCuts.htm
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson