Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Graphs with entries in multiple column and dates

Hi,

Need help in making a chart.

My Data looks like this.Date , minimum value ,avg value and ,maximum
value.(there more values but I have pasted only three)

Date Min Avg Max

7-Feb 24 24.1 28
24 27.6 32
23 27.3 28
8-Feb 24 25.1 28
24 24.1 28
24 26.4 28
9-Feb 24 24.5 28
24 24 24
20 25.2 28
24 26.5 28

Basically there are 4 columns and the dates are entered as shown
below.

I tried making different line charts and editing the properties of
the cahrt ..but I am not able to get that date on the x-axis .

I am trying to get those dates on the x-axis at regular intervals (3
values).

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Delete the header "Date" from the cell above the table, then select the
table including the date column and the header row.

You may still have a problem, since you have multiple rows for each date.
Excel is confused by this with the default date-scale formatting of the
axis, and only shows the rows with the date specified in the first column.
Go to the Chart menu Chart Options Axes tab, and choose Category for the
X Axis to show all of the points.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Chinmaybl" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Need help in making a chart.

My Data looks like this.Date , minimum value ,avg value and ,maximum
value.(there more values but I have pasted only three)

Date Min Avg Max

7-Feb 24 24.1 28
24 27.6 32
23 27.3 28
8-Feb 24 25.1 28
24 24.1 28
24 26.4 28
9-Feb 24 24.5 28
24 24 24
20 25.2 28
24 26.5 28

Basically there are 4 columns and the dates are entered as shown
below.

I tried making different line charts and editing the properties of
the cahrt ..but I am not able to get that date on the x-axis .

I am trying to get those dates on the x-axis at regular intervals (3
values).

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Chinmaybl" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi,

Need help in making a chart.

My Data looks like this.Date , minimum value ,avg value and ,maximum
value.(there more values but I have pasted only three)

Date Min Avg Max

7-Feb 24 24.1 28
24 27.6 32
23 27.3 28
8-Feb 24 25.1 28
24 24.1 28
24 26.4 28
9-Feb 24 24.5 28
24 24 24
20 25.2 28
24 26.5 28

Basically there are 4 columns and the dates are entered as shown
below.

I tried making different line charts and editing the properties of
the cahrt ..but I am not able to get that date on the x-axis .

I am trying to get those dates on the x-axis at regular intervals (3
values).

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hey ...Thanks very much ...it works