Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default .Avi video's and Excel

I have developed quite a complex Exel workbook application.
I have used a simply ScreenCapture program, to record(.avi) how to use the various components of the
Workbook.

What would be the BEST way to have these Video's (.avi) files associated to the Workbook and run if
needed?

Can Excel run the .Avi from a Forms Button ?
How do i go about this if it can?

Regards

Corey....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not sure EXACTLY what you mean, or what version you have, but if you go to
your userform right-click the toolbox and additional controls there is a
windows media player control that is very easy/intuitive to use if you have
it.
--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"Corey" wrote:

I have developed quite a complex Exel workbook application.
I have used a simply ScreenCapture program, to record(.avi) how to use the various components of the
Workbook.

What would be the BEST way to have these Video's (.avi) files associated to the Workbook and run if
needed?

Can Excel run the .Avi from a Forms Button ?
How do i go about this if it can?

Regards

Corey....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thnaks John.
I am using Excel XP.
I added the WMP option but how do i set it to play a .Avi when the userform initializes ?

"Corey" wrote:

I have developed quite a complex Exel workbook application.
I have used a simply ScreenCapture program, to record(.avi) how to use the various components of
the
Workbook.

What would be the BEST way to have these Video's (.avi) files associated to the Workbook and run
if
needed?

Can Excel run the .Avi from a Forms Button ?
How do i go about this if it can?

Regards

Corey....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Load your form with whatever method you choose, then on the activate place
the addy like this, this is just a sample from a system avi on my comp

Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
WindowsMediaPlayer1.URL = "C:\Documents and Settings\BIS Student\My
Documents\My Universal Skins\mySkins\161.avi"

-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"Corey" wrote:

I have developed quite a complex Exel workbook application.
I have used a simply ScreenCapture program, to record(.avi) how to use the various components of
the
Workbook.

What would be the BEST way to have these Video's (.avi) files associated to the Workbook and run
if
needed?

Can Excel run the .Avi from a Forms Button ?
How do i go about this if it can?

Regards

Corey....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you John.
Go the .Avi to play in a Screen Sized U/F.
Is there anyway to Have the Userform "Unload me" when the Avi finishes ?

"Corey" wrote:

I have developed quite a complex Exel workbook application.
I have used a simply ScreenCapture program, to record(.avi) how to use the various components of
the
Workbook.

What would be the BEST way to have these Video's (.avi) files associated to the Workbook and run
if
needed?

Can Excel run the .Avi from a Forms Button ?
How do i go about this if it can?

Regards

Corey....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Corey,
This seems to work:

Private Sub MediaPlayer1_EndOfStream(ByVal Result As Long)
Unload Me
End Sub

NickHK

"Corey" wrote:

Thnaks John.
I am using Excel XP.
I added the WMP option but how do i set it to play a .Avi when the

userform initializes ?

"John Bundy" (remove) wrote in message
Not sure EXACTLY what you mean, or what version you have, but if you go

your userform right-click the toolbox and additional controls there is a
windows media player control that is very easy/intuitive to use if you

have
it.
--
-John Northwest11
Please rate when your question is answered to help us and others know

what
is helpful.

"Corey" wrote:

I have developed quite a complex Exel workbook application.
I have used a simply ScreenCapture program, to record(.avi) how to use

the various components of
the
Workbook.

What would be the BEST way to have these Video's (.avi) files

associated to the Workbook and run
if
needed?

Can Excel run the .Avi from a Forms Button ?
How do i go about this if it can?

Regards

Corey....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nick,

I was reading along here and fooling around with this control. I tried the
EndOfStream event and it didn't work - the code never gets there. I looked
on MSDN at this Media Player 11 page
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/aa392418.aspx and it says
EndOfStream is "reserved for future use." I'm using XL 2003 on win XP.
Anyways it sure sounds like the right event, so hopefully it works for
Corey.

Doug

"Corey" wrote:

I have developed quite a complex Exel workbook application.
I have used a simply ScreenCapture program, to record(.avi) how to
use

the various components of
the
Workbook.

What would be the BEST way to have these Video's (.avi) files

associated to the Workbook and run
if
needed?

Can Excel run the .Avi from a Forms Button ?
How do i go about this if it can?

Regards

Corey....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Corey,

If Nick's suggestion works for you, it seems better to me, but in case it
doesn't this does seem to work in XL 2003 win XP:

Private Sub WindowsMediaPlayer1_PlayStateChange(ByVal NewState As Long)
If NewState = 1 Then '1 = "stopped"
Unload Me

hth,

Doug

"Corey" wrote:

I have developed quite a complex Exel workbook application.
I have used a simply ScreenCapture program, to record(.avi) how to use
the various components of
the
Workbook.

What would be the BEST way to have these Video's (.avi) files
associated to the Workbook and run
if
needed?

Can Excel run the .Avi from a Forms Button ?
How do i go about this if it can?

Regards

Corey....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Corey,

Of course, this will also unload the form if the user presses stop, which
may not be what they're expecting <g.

Doug

"Corey" wrote:

I have developed quite a complex Exel workbook application.
I have used a simply ScreenCapture program, to record(.avi) how to use
the various components of
the
Workbook.

What would be the BEST way to have these Video's (.avi) files
associated to the Workbook and run
if
needed?

Can Excel run the .Avi from a Forms Button ?
How do i go about this if it can?

Regards

Corey....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Doug,
I have not really used this control, just playing around when I saw it had
that event, which seemed applicable.
I have not updated the Media Player for a while (saw no need), so my ocx is
marked as version "6.4.9.1129"
So seems like that event has been removed in later versions and is now
"Reserved For Future Use".

From your link then, it looks like you need to check for .PlayState=8
<MediaEnded in the PlayStateChange events.

NickHK

?

"Corey" wrote:

I have developed quite a complex Exel workbook application.
I have used a simply ScreenCapture program, to record(.avi) how to
use

the various components of
the
Workbook.

What would be the BEST way to have these Video's (.avi) files

associated to the Workbook and run
if
needed?

Can Excel run the .Avi from a Forms Button ?
How do i go about this if it can?

Regards

Corey....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nick,

I'd never heard of this control until I read this thread. That's why I come
here - always something new <g.

Doug

"NickHK" wrote in message
Doug,
I have not really used this control, just playing around when I saw it had
that event, which seemed applicable.
I have not updated the Media Player for a while (saw no need), so my ocx
is
marked as version "6.4.9.1129"
So seems like that event has been removed in later versions and is now
"Reserved For Future Use".

From your link then, it looks like you need to check for .PlayState=8