Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating a list from previously selected list

I am using excel workbooks in collecting data from different clients. But i
happen to do some intermediate cleaning up work before i send out the
workbooks to different clients.
For example, i can explain my situation as having a shoe catalog (in one
spreadsheet) and asking clients to pick the number and variety of shoes (in a
second spreadsheet). Shoe Catalog spreadsheet has gender, size, color. I have
to do a manual clean up of unwanted gender before i send to the vendor (say i
know some vendors dont want kids shoes or womens shoe). this first
spreadsheet is hidden & vendor only uses the second spreadsheet.

I am thinking there ought to be a way (in the second spreadsheet) so that
when the vendor picks up gender, the available sizes shows up (as a drop down
list) automatically in the second list. so when he picks up a size, then the
available colors shows up as a drop down list.

i think it is really a long explanation about my situation. thanks for
reading

Sara
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sara, try this article from Ozgrid on dependant validation lists:
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/dependent-lists.htm
--
Charles Chickering

"A good example is twice the value of good advice."

"Sara Sun" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Charles

It was really a helpful site. i tried it with my workbook & it worked. But
now my problem is I am having 30 more named regions :(.
I think a macro should solve it or I think the list should be created based
on the selection (instead of creating multiple named regions.)