Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Worksheets, comboboxes, and integer values

I am using a few comboboxes on a worksheet to provide a picklist vice the
validation data. The combobox solved a problem with an inability to control
the font size with the worksheet is set at 66%. There is a large amount of
data on this worksheet and I've set it up to show as much data as possible in
this application. I am having a small problem with building the lists. Each
combobox has a linkedcell associated with it. I have several list with
values like 100%, 110%, 120%, etc. and when the end user picks a value the
linkedcell ends up with '100%, '110%, etc. as text instead of an integer or
percentage value. I have setup the linkedcell with the correct format but
still it ends up with a text value. Anyone know how to direct Excel to make
the value picked as a integer or percentage value? BTW, the reason for the
combobox is that validate data lists have the fonts way too small and there
is not a way to control the font size.

Sincerely,

Bryan44
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Make sure the lists are formatted correctly for percentage. Make sure the
receiving cell of the dropdown list is formatted correctly for percentage.
Pass the value only:

Range("A1").Value = ComboBox1.Value

If you are passing a value already, you probably need to verify that your
list is truly a percent format. If you format one cell, say 100%, if it is
not correctly formatted it will return 10,000%. If both are truly percent
formatted, passing the value will work. I tried it to verify.

Regards,

Alan