Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Closing a Cell When Excel goes Inactive

Excel 2000. I want to be able to close off the data entry/editing on a cell
when the user switches to another application. The reason for this is that
while the cell remains open for editing I cannot remotely execute save and
close macros from an external application. While I know I can close editing
on a cell with SENDKEYS {ENTER}, among other things, I'm unable to find an
event the reliably fires when the user switches from Excel to another
application. So what I'd like is:

1: An event to use in my spreadsheet VBA code that will fire each time the
Excel application goes inactive.

2: A better way to close editing on a cell, of something better than
Sendkeys exists.

3: Optional: A property or method call that will let me know when the user
currently has the cell open for data entry/editing.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

David,
Personally I not use your app if you decided when I should/should not be in
edit mode. I frequently leave Excel in edit mode, whilst checking something
in another app.
Forcing {Enter} will (probably) cause errors in formulae.
Forcing {ESC} will nullify any user input.

If this is for a COM addin, check if the menu item FileOpen is enabled.

NickHK

. ..