Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default leading zeros NEEDED during imports

I am trying to import numbers from one program to excel. (I do this
routinely) This program imports numbers... LOTS of numbers, to include LOTS
of numbers that preceed themselves with the number "0" (or sometime 2 or
three "0"s...) It is important that these numbers transfer.. I do not have
the time to run through 65,000 numbers and pick and choose which ones are
supposed to have a zero before them or not. Is there a way to change Excels
formatting on "my" pc so whatever I import to it, it will duplicate it
"EXACTLY"?
PLEASE ASSIST