Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Variable type Confusion

I have a series of 13 check boxes (CheckBox1...CheckBox13) which hide columns
based on thier value.

They are included in Sheet4, and are set as:

Private Sub CheckBox10_Click()

End Sub

I have an overall report formatting function which sets the report format.

Problem is, I can't pass the value of the checkbox back to the public
function in order to activate the column hide function.

i assume I need to assign the value of the checkbox in each Private
function, and set the assigned value as public, but can anyone advise on this
please?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You mean like this ?

Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
MsgBox Clicked(CheckBox1)
End Sub

Private Sub CheckBox2_Click()
MsgBox Clicked(CheckBox2)
End Sub

Private Sub CheckBox3_Click()
MsgBox Clicked(CheckBox3)
End Sub

Public Function Clicked(WhichCheckBox As MSForms.CheckBox) As String
Clicked = WhichCheckBox.Caption
End Function

NickHK