Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old March 4th 07, 04:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Mar 2007
Posts: 3
Default Autofill Merged Cells

I am trying to program autofilling merged cells. I am inserting new rows
where columns B&C are merged. The inserted rows do not have B&C merged. I
then try to autofill these inserted rows where the source is merged. I'm
using the following code.

Set srcRange = cSheet.Range("B39:C39")
Set fillRange = cSheet.Range("B39:C45")
srcRange.AutoFill Destination:=fillRange

I can do it manually, but am having difficulty doing it with visual basic.
Thanks for any help.

  #2   Report Post  
Old March 4th 07, 05:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Mar 2007
Posts: 3
Default Autofill Merged Cells

I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was trying to fill a range that had
some merged cells and some not-merged cells. When I only filled the
non-merged cells, they autofilled properly and merged as well following the
source cell.

"howard63" wrote:

I am trying to program autofilling merged cells. I am inserting new rows
where columns B&C are merged. The inserted rows do not have B&C merged. I
then try to autofill these inserted rows where the source is merged. I'm
using the following code.

Set srcRange = cSheet.Range("B39:C39")
Set fillRange = cSheet.Range("B39:C45")
srcRange.AutoFill Destination:=fillRange

I can do it manually, but am having difficulty doing it with visual basic.
Thanks for any help.

  #3   Report Post  
Old March 4th 07, 05:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jay Jay is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 671
Default Autofill Merged Cells

Hi Howard -

Sounds like you figured it out the problem... if you're filling or copying
from merged cells, the destination has to be merged as well (and be merged
over the same number of cells) or VBA will report a runtime error. I'm not
sure how you addressed just the unmerged cells in the destination range and
still got the sequence you wanted, but I'm not second-guessing something that
worked!

Below is the solution I usually use, and that is to merge all the cells in
the destination before pasting or autofilling.

For Each rw In cSheet.Range("B39:C45").Rows
If Not rw.MergeCells Then rw.Cells.Merge
Next rw

Set srcRange = cSheet.Range("B39:C39")
Set fillRange = cSheet.Range("B39:C45")
srcRange.AutoFill Destination:=fillRange

--
Jay


"howard63" wrote:

I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was trying to fill a range that had
some merged cells and some not-merged cells. When I only filled the
non-merged cells, they autofilled properly and merged as well following the
source cell.

"howard63" wrote:

I am trying to program autofilling merged cells. I am inserting new rows
where columns B&C are merged. The inserted rows do not have B&C merged. I
then try to autofill these inserted rows where the source is merged. I'm
using the following code.

Set srcRange = cSheet.Range("B39:C39")
Set fillRange = cSheet.Range("B39:C45")
srcRange.AutoFill Destination:=fillRange

I can do it manually, but am having difficulty doing it with visual basic.
Thanks for any help.

  #4   Report Post  
Old March 4th 07, 06:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Mar 2007
Posts: 3
Default Autofill Merged Cells

Jay,
Thanks for the reply. What I did actually worked. The source range was 2
merged cells. All of the destination range was unmerged. When the code
autofilled, it also merged the cells in the destination range. Take care and
thanks again.
Howard

"Jay" wrote:

Hi Howard -

Sounds like you figured it out the problem... if you're filling or copying
from merged cells, the destination has to be merged as well (and be merged
over the same number of cells) or VBA will report a runtime error. I'm not
sure how you addressed just the unmerged cells in the destination range and
still got the sequence you wanted, but I'm not second-guessing something that
worked!

Below is the solution I usually use, and that is to merge all the cells in
the destination before pasting or autofilling.

For Each rw In cSheet.Range("B39:C45").Rows
If Not rw.MergeCells Then rw.Cells.Merge
Next rw

Set srcRange = cSheet.Range("B39:C39")
Set fillRange = cSheet.Range("B39:C45")
srcRange.AutoFill Destination:=fillRange

--
Jay


"howard63" wrote:

I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was trying to fill a range that had
some merged cells and some not-merged cells. When I only filled the
non-merged cells, they autofilled properly and merged as well following the
source cell.

"howard63" wrote:

I am trying to program autofilling merged cells. I am inserting new rows
where columns B&C are merged. The inserted rows do not have B&C merged. I
then try to autofill these inserted rows where the source is merged. I'm
using the following code.

Set srcRange = cSheet.Range("B39:C39")
Set fillRange = cSheet.Range("B39:C45")
srcRange.AutoFill Destination:=fillRange

I can do it manually, but am having difficulty doing it with visual basic.
Thanks for any help.



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Autofit Merged cell Code is changing the format of my merged cells JB Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 August 20th 07 02:12 PM
can autofill be used on merged cells? Debbie Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 June 27th 06 02:38 PM
how do i link merged cells to a merged cell in another worksheet. ibbm Excel Worksheet Functions 3 April 27th 06 11:40 PM
Autofill: Need to autofill one week block, (5) weekday only into cells. dstock Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 June 17th 05 08:21 PM
Sorting merged cellsHow do I sort merged cells not identically siz Laval Excel Worksheet Functions 1 November 3rd 04 09:40 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 ExcelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Excel"

 

Copyright © 2017