Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default problems with excel web queries

Hi there,

I got some problems with web queries in Excel (meanwhile Excel 2007).
I read several lists from a website and write them into my tables. Now
I get following error message telling me that the file could not be
accessed:

::
Laufzeitfehler '1004':

Auf die Datei konnte nicht zugegriffen werden. Versuchen Sie die
folgenden Lösungsvorschläge:

o Überprüfen Sie, ob der angegebene Ordner vorhanden ist.
o Stellen Sie sicher, dass der Ordner, in dem sich die Datei befindet,
nicht schreibgeschützt ist.
o Vergewissern Sie sich, dass der Dateiname keines der folgenden
Zeichen enthält: < ? [ ] : | oder *
o Der Dateiname darf nicht länger als 218 Zeichen sein.
::

The proposed solutions don't make any sense imho. The first item
suggests to verify the existance of the folder being accessed. The
next one tells to assure the folder is not write protected. The
following tells me that specific character shall not be used within
the filename (at least the question mark could be used in dynamic
websites afaik) and the last one says the filename should not be
longer than 218 characters.

I have no problem using the created URL in a browser or even in the
internal browser for data queries in Excel. But as soon as the query
is being executed, I receive above message.

I use this code since several years, but now it doesn't work anymore.
Can anyone help? Anyone an idea?

Regards,
Yasin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think I've seen a similar problem before and the cause was found out to be
that the webserver uses HTTP Compression and the client computer's IE setting
had "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" selected. You might want to give
this a try.

In Internet Explorer, select Tools-Internet Options. In the Advanced tab,
look for the option "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" and make sure it's
not checked.

Excel queries Ben Excel Programming 3 August 2nd 06 07:42 PM
Excel Queries Anselmo Links and Linking in Excel 4 July 14th 06 11:45 PM
Problems refreshing internal queries in excel mjzoltan Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 January 12th 06 08:58 PM
Excel Queries Amar Excel Programming 1 June 24th 05 03:02 PM
Layout/Formatting problems of Data Queries in Excel? Andrew Harding Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 December 23rd 04 03:51 AM