Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2007 vs. Excel 2003

Other than the GUI improvements and the unbreakable security,
can anyone comment on any other improvements in Excel 2007 vs. Excel
2003 ?
Any significant VBA enhancements or Add-in enhancements ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

More rows, more columns
So finally the possibility to create you own daily calendar.

More conditional formatting.
Easier formatting.

ad much more ...
A must have if you have a decent PC with enough RAM.
Mark Rosenkrantz
--
Spreadsheet Solutions
Witkopeend 24
"syswizard" wrote in message
ups.com...
Other than the GUI improvements and the unbreakable security,
can anyone comment on any other improvements in Excel 2007 vs. Excel
2003 ?
Any significant VBA enhancements or Add-in enhancements ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No VBA changes other than additions to the object model to support the new
functionality, but more colours, improved conditional formatting, improved
tables, as well as the extra rows and columns.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"syswizard" wrote in message
ups.com...
Other than the GUI improvements and the unbreakable security,
can anyone comment on any other improvements in Excel 2007 vs. Excel
2003 ?
Any significant VBA enhancements or Add-in enhancements ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A "must have", eh? For me there is no killer feature that I must have. Sure,
there are improvements in conditional formatting, pivot tables and charts,
more rows and columns, etc. Some of the charting functionality of Excel 2003
is defective in 2007, and the interface is designed for beginners, not for
helping competent users become increasingly productive. The documents sure
look nice, though.

Before upgrading, carry out your due diligence by scanning these groups, and
read about the problems that many of the early adopters are having. Decide
if these issues matter to you, and whether the extra rows and columns and
bells and whistles are worth upgrading for.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Spreadsheet Solutions" wrote in message
. ..
More rows, more columns
So finally the possibility to create you own daily calendar.

More conditional formatting.
Easier formatting.

ad much more ...
A must have if you have a decent PC with enough RAM.
Mark Rosenkrantz
--
Spreadsheet Solutions
Witkopeend 24
1423 SN, Uithoorn
Netherlands
--
W: www.rosenkrantz.nl
E:
--
"syswizard" wrote in message
ups.com...
Other than the GUI improvements and the unbreakable security,
can anyone comment on any other improvements in Excel 2007 vs. Excel
2003 ?
Any significant VBA enhancements or Add-in enhancements ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mar 2, 6:01 pm, "Jon Peltier"
wrote:
[...]

"syswizard" wrote in message
oups.com...
Other than the GUI improvements and the unbreakable security,
can anyone comment on any other improvements in Excel 2007 vs. Excel
2003 ?
Any significant VBA enhancements or Add-in enhancements ?- Hide quoted text -

Hmmm....this is not good news. Has Microsoft been informed of the
charting "glitches" or behavior differences ?
Also, has anyone benchmarked Excel 2007 vs. 2003 as far as calculation
performance ?
I am worried that the additional columns/rows may have had an adverse
impact.

For some of us, the unbreakable "Vista-like" security is a huge
one....I keep checking with the Russian hackers and nope, they've not
be able to break it....to date.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

[...]

They have been apprised of these during all stages of beta testing and now
after commercial release. I suspect it's a problem of allocating finite
resources among issues of different severity. I'm hoping they'll fix all of
my issues, but I know they won't be able to. Maybe that's good if it means
continued work to fix things when my clients upgrade <g.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel 2007 looks much fancy, but not a "must have". i have gotten at least
one problem. I tried to run one macro developed under Excel 2003 that create
a worksheets with many charts by using the data in other sheet, under Excel
2007 is much much slower than under Excel 2003. The benifit is more rows and
columns for some case you have hit ristriction of 256 columns and 65536rows
of Excel 2003. Offset is speed. You have to be careful when time is critical.

Bin
--
VBA

"Spreadsheet Solutions" wrote:

More rows, more columns
So finally the possibility to create you own daily calendar.

More conditional formatting.
Easier formatting.

ad much more ...
A must have if you have a decent PC with enough RAM.
Mark Rosenkrantz
--
Spreadsheet Solutions
Witkopeend 24