Posted to microsoft.public.excel.templates,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

Default Removing the data tracking add-in link

I made a template quite a few years ago. In it we were using, "Template
Wizard" add-in.
The template has been developed through many years, has so many defined
names, links etc.

Now, I want to stop using "Template Wizard", for I wrtoe macros to transfer
the required data in to MSAccess.

But I am not finding a way how to break the earlier links of "Template
Wizard" completely.
If I just remove the "Template Wizard" add-in, it gives error "Template
Wizard" not found every time I open the template.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.templates,microsoft.public.excel

the workbook has a defined name Auto_Open or similar which refers to a hidden
xl4 macro sheet. You need to remove this name and this sheet.

Run this macro to make them visible

Sub RevealInformation()
Dim nm as Name, sh as Object
for each nm in activeworkbook.names
nm.visible = True
Next
for each sh in activeworkbook.Sheets
sh.visible = xlsheetVisible
Next
end Sub

then look in the names collection (insert=Name=Define)

and look at the sheet tabs.

Tom Ogilvy