Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CmK CmK is offline

Default OPen different files in a loop

I want to use the progression display while it is opening 6 different files
then refresh them then close them
I am hoping there is a way to do this through a loop
bUT CANT FIGURE OUT how to open different files names in the loop

thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CmK CmK is offline

Progrssive indicator?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

What progression display?

--
HTH

Bob

"CmK" wrote in message
I want to use the progression display while it is opening 6 different files
then refresh them then close them
I am hoping there is a way to do this through a loop
bUT CANT FIGURE OUT how to open different files names in the loop

thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

So do you want to share it with us?

--
---
HTH

Bob

"CmK" wrote in message
Progrssive indicator?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

What progression display?

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"CmK" wrote in message
I want to use the progression display while it is opening 6 different
files
then refresh them then close them
I am hoping there is a way to do this through a loop
bUT CANT FIGURE OUT how to open different files names in the loop

thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Something like

sub test
dim doc(1 to 6) as string
doc(1)= "file1 name"
doc(2)= ..
for x =1 to 6
workbooks.open doc(x)
workbooks(doc(x)).close True
Next
Untested
Regards
JY

"CmK" wrote in message
Progrssive indicator?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

What progression display?

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"CmK" wrote in message
I want to use the progression display while it is opening 6 different
files
then refresh them then close them
I am hoping there is a way to do this through a loop
bUT CANT FIGURE OUT how to open different files names in the loop

thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you mean you want a progress bar to display how your code is progressing
then something like at the end of the link below could be incorporated into
the workbook that contains the code to do all the opening and closing.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Progress.htm