Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional Format Query

Hi...

I've just written 1000 questions for a user to select from. Having just
written them I don't seem to be able to apply conditional formatting to them.
Basically, if any line within the worksheet contains a YES, the line on which
it is located will go Bold Red font? Is this poss.

I did try highlighting the entire lot but it seemed to offset the formula
and wouldn't work.

Thanks in advance

Gordon...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Highlight all the cells and use a CF formula of

=$H2="Yes"

assuming that the Yes is in column H and row 2 is the first selected.

--
HTH

Bob

"Gordon" wrote in message
Hi...

I've just written 1000 questions for a user to select from. Having just
written them I don't seem to be able to apply conditional formatting to
them.
Basically, if any line within the worksheet contains a YES, the line on
which
it is located will go Bold Red font? Is this poss.

I did try highlighting the entire lot but it seemed to offset the formula
and wouldn't work.

Thanks in advance

Gordon...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you post what you actually used in the CF criteria we won't have to guess
what might be wrong.

That being said, you might try this approach:

With
The questions in cells A2:A1000
Col_B contains the Yes/No values

Select the range to be impacted by the Conditional Format,
with the active cell in Row_2.

From the Excel main menu:
<format<conditional formatting
Click the dropdown in Condition_1 and use:
Formula is: =($B2="yes")
Click the [Format] button and set the format
Click the [OK] buttons to finish

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron