Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can you use SQL to query Excel tables?

Hi All,

This is the situation l currently have:

1) Financials database tables, linked to Access, Access query tables
to extract data, Access crosstab query to get data in layout req'd.
Result imported in Excel.

This is what l would like to do:

2) Financial database tables, query table into Excel, crosstab query
in Excel.

I know how to download the financial tables using ADO & SQL so l my
questions re 2) are as follows:

a) I assume that the results of the intial query have to be written to
an Excel sheet
b) Can l then use a SQL statement within VBA to create a sheet with
the results of the crosstab query?
c) If b) can be done does anybody have any example code please?
c) Will 2) be quicker / more efficient than 1)

I have been told by a database expert that because of the layout of
the tables within the financial database a single query cannot give
the desired result. I am not an expert on SQL.

I hope l have explained myself clearly.

All advice gratefully received.

Regards

Michael beckinsale