Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hide or show data labels depending on value?

I have a chart where I would like to either show or hide data labels for
individual points depending on the value of the points. Does anyone know of
ways of doing this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try one of these utilities that link worksheets cells to the data labels...
from yours truly - Chart Data Labels... http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware
from Rob Bovey - Chart Labeler... http://appspro.com
from John Walkenbach - Chart Tools... http://j-walk.com
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"L. Lancin"
wrote in message
I have a chart where I would like to either show or hide data labels for
individual points depending on the value of the points. Does anyone know of
ways of doing this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I did a learn macro on one of my charts. I selected only one point on a
scatter plot. Below is the code that was generated when I set x and y. the
showvalue parameter was set true

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Points(8).Select
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Points(8).ApplyDat aLabels
AutoText:=True, _
LegendKey:=False, ShowSeriesName:=False, ShowCategoryName:=True, _
ShowValue:=True, ShowPercentage:=False, ShowBubbleSize:=False