Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Filter using a Text Box??

I want to have a Text box or Control Box (Something like this) that I can
type data in and hit "Enter" to filter my worksheet using this Data. Is this
Possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not just use AutoFilter (Data- Filter- AutoFilter). Are you looking for
some kind of functionallity beyond that???
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"JDebo" wrote:

I want to have a Text box or Control Box (Something like this) that I can
type data in and hit "Enter" to filter my worksheet using this Data. Is this
Possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

this link shows how to use an autofilter to perform a specific task, but it
also shows the code for using an autofilter. You can just modify it to
accept the value from your cell and call the code from the change event.

Tom Ogilvy

"JDebo" wrote:

I want to have a Text box or Control Box (Something like this) that I can
type data in and hit "Enter" to filter my worksheet using this Data. Is this
Possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not us data=Filter=Autofilter and just select the filter criteria from
the dropdown or if you want to type it in, select custom from the dropdown
and type in your criteria.

Other than that, you would just use the change event to turn your cell entry
into a filtered database.

Tom Ogilvy

"JDebo" wrote:

I want to have a Text box or Control Box (Something like this) that I can
type data in and hit "Enter" to filter my worksheet using this Data. Is this
Possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This link??? I am lead to believe that perhaps something is missing from your
post... ;-)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"JDebo" wrote:

I want to have a Text box or Control Box (Something like this) that I can
type data in and hit "Enter" to filter my worksheet using this Data. Is this
Possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use a dropdown box from the forms toolbar and assign it this macro (enter the
macro first in a general module)
Sub Myfilter()
Dim cbox as Dropdown, s as String
dim rng as range, cell as Range
s = appliction.Caller
set cbox = Activesheet.Dropdowns(s)
set rng = Range("B2", cells(rows.count,2).End(xlup))
rng.EntireRow.Hidden = False
for each cell in rng
if cell.Value < cbox.Value then
cell.EntireRow.Hidden = True
end if
Next
end sub

as written, it "filters" on values in column B. Adjust to suit.
Tom Ogilvy

"JDebo" wrote:

I want to have a Text box or Control Box (Something like this) that I can
type data in and hit "Enter" to filter my worksheet using this Data. Is this
Possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

I am trying to use your macro but have run into a problem. No matter what
selection I make from my drop down box, the macro hides all of the rows.
Would you mind modifying the code so that all rows that meet the selection
criteria are displayed? Also, how can we include an option to display all
rows if needed?

Thanks!

Randy