Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Assistance with VB Coding in excel required for Telnet and FTP functionality

I am no expert in VB and can only program moderately - mostly with respect
to data manipulation, numbers, loading, saving, basically general
programming, nothing ultra complex.

I have written some code to perform part of a function, but it only does
part, ie text file creation for later use when I am connected to ftp and
telnet.

I would like to automate the whole process and to do that I need to know of
a way, if possible, a simple code can be written to do ftp and telnet
functions. The only textbox i will require is that which seeks the password
for login from the telnet and ftp sites.

Here is what i need it to do:

me default drive for files to be transferred is H:\

I log into Ftp by typing "Ftp prod"

I enter the username. I will select the dummy username "dummy" for purpose
of this email.

Then I enter the password, "Password"

then i direct ftp to my require directory, "cd /home/runtime/vic" <enter

After this i enter "Put gicam.txt" <enter

then "Put pd.sh" <enter

this is where i stop using ftp, but keep it open as i require it after
telnet.

Then i access telnet by "telnet prod" and enter username and password like
ftp

then i type

"cd /home/runtime/vic"

then i type

"./pd.sh"

That ends my need for telnet, then back to ftp...

I type then in ftp: "cd /home/run/scan"
Then enter "binary"
and finally type "get gicam.txt.tar" in and exit ftp.

Is there some simple way i can get visual basic to do this?

Help is very appreciated.

I've scoured the net and anything i've found on telnet and ftp is deficient
or too complex for me to get my head around with my level of knowledge.

Regards,
Clint