Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Worksheet Listbox Populate Problem

This a 2 part question, both involving filling a listbox on a worksheet.

1.) How do I have the listbox have multple columns and have the data source
be B2:D12?

2.) How do I have a worksheet listbox populate from an un-opened workbook?

Everytime I enter for the ListFillRange =B2:D12 and that doesnt work. Thank
you in advance for anyone that helps.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

set the columncount property to 4

as I recall, you have to have the source workbook open. What you could try
is putting linking formulas in either a hidden sheet or another area of your
sheet and then use that as the rowsource.

sheetHidden!B2:D12

in the rowsource property. On the worksheet named sheetHidden (for
example), put in formula in B2 like

=C:\Myfolder[Myfiler]sheet1!B2

then drag fill down and across to D12

(obviously the linking formlas don't have to be in the same cells locations
as the source data - that was just for illustration).

Tom Ogilvy

"Benz" wrote:

This a 2 part question, both involving filling a listbox on a worksheet.

1.) How do I have the listbox have multple columns and have the data source
be B2:D12?

2.) How do I have a worksheet listbox populate from an un-opened workbook?

Everytime I enter for the ListFillRange =B2:D12 and that doesnt work. Thank
you in advance for anyone that helps.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1) in the properties for the list box, the column count should be 3 and the
listfillrange should be B2:D12
2) make sure the column count is 3

hope this helps,
-Chad