Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA code to import stacked text files

I have never attempted to write VBA code, but would like to know how to
import a report with data in a text file that is stacked that I want to
import to excel on one line in columns. Can someone help with this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have youtried to use in the Data Menu - Import. You may not need to write a
macro.

"SportyJim" wrote:

I have never attempted to write VBA code, but would like to know how to
import a report with data in a text file that is stacked that I want to
import to excel on one line in columns. Can someone help with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The Data Menu - Import will not work because there are several lines of data
per order and I want all the data for each order on one line. There is a line
number for each item on an order. Additionally, the subsequent lines do not
have the order number on the respective lines. You know that the data for the
order is complete because it has the "Order Total Cost: 0.00" on the last
line for each order. Thanks for the thought though. If anyone can help, I
would appreciate it beyond belief!

Thanks in advance,

Jim