Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
sot sot is offline

Default Move cursor down one cell

I have recorded a macro to try and position my cursor in the next blank cell
at the bottom of a list.
I have the following to send the cursor to the bottom of the list :
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
but the next line is : Range("B4").Select which obviously continuously
selects B4. What is the command to just drop down one cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Give this a try...

Selection.End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0).Select

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"sot" wrote:

I have recorded a macro to try and position my cursor in the next blank cell
at the bottom of a list.
I have the following to send the cursor to the bottom of the list :
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
but the next line is : Range("B4").Select which obviously continuously
selects B4. What is the command to just drop down one cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There are several ways to do it:
Selection.End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0).Select
Or
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
Selection.Offset(1, 0).Activate

Either of these two will put the cursor in the cell below the last data cell
in that column.

"sot" wrote:

I have recorded a macro to try and position my cursor in the next blank cell
at the bottom of a list.
I have the following to send the cursor to the bottom of the list :
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
but the next line is : Range("B4").Select which obviously continuously
selects B4. What is the command to just drop down one cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
sot sot is offline

Great. Many thanks
Sue