Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Getting system OS language and then.....

Hey people, I need to know if excel does have a method or function that can
find out the OS language (Windows XP) so I can adjusts paths (C:\) when
updating the fields, which are in different excels.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Application.OperatingSystem

HTH
Paul

Hey people, I need to know if excel does have a method or function that can
find out the OS language (Windows XP) so I can adjusts paths (C:\) when
updating the fields, which are in different excels.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Paul, I already tried that but that only gives me "Windows (32-bit) NT 5.01".
I need to find out the Operating system language
(English,Spanish,German,French,etc...). Thanks for the quick reply
anyways!Chay

" wrote:

Application.OperatingSystem

HTH
Paul

Hey people, I need to know if excel does have a method or function that can
find out the OS language (Windows XP) so I can adjusts paths (C:\) when
updating the fields, which are in different excels.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chay,
I suspect what you really need is to determine various paths, independent of
language. Maybe:
?environ("USERPROFILE")
Or use with one of these; APPDATA, SystemDrive, TEMP, windir,

Or possibly:
Application.LanguageSettings.LanguageID(msoLanguag eIDInstall)

NickHK

" wrote:

Application.OperatingSystem

HTH
Paul

Hey people, I need to know if excel does have a method or function that

can
find out the OS language (Windows XP) so I can adjusts paths (C:\) when
updating the fields, which are in different excels.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

NickHK,

Thank you very much!!!!Your post helped me think of something
(Application.LanguageSettings.LanguageID(msoLangua geIDInstall)). Thanks
again, Chay