Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Check Mark appears when a letter is entered in a field

What do I need to do to create a field which displays a check mark when a
letter is entered into the field? I saw this on a template for project
management.

Thanks
Gina
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe...

Select the range
Format|cells|number tab|custom category
In the "type:" box, put this:
alt-0252;alt-0252;alt-0252;alt-0252

But hit and hold the alt key while you're typing the 0252 from the numeric
keypad.

It should look something like this when you're done.
ü;ü;ü;ü
(umlaut over the lower case u separated by semicolons)

And format that range of cells as Wingdings.

Now, no matter what you type (spacebar, x, anyoldtextatall), you'll see a check
mark.

Hit the delete key on the keyboard to clear the cell.

If you have to use that "checkmark" in later formulas:

=if(a1="","no checkmark","Yes checkmark")

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Any letter or a particular letter?

Any cell or a particular cell?

Without programming................

Format a cell to Marlett font and enter the letter "a" to get a checkmark.