Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default DDEPoke only pushes the text contents from excel to word

Hello Experts,

I would like to push data to word from excel without using the system
clipboard.

I am able to acheive this by using ddepoke. But, only text data is pushed to
word, but not the graphics like bmp images, charts,etc. I have given the code
snippet that I am using. Any advise on the usage to push the entire contents
like images, charts, will be greatly helpful.

channelNumber = DDEInitiate(app:="WinWord", topic:="C:\Test.doc")
Cells.Select 'Selects the entire active work sheet
DDEPoke channelNumber, "\StartOfDoc", Selection

Thanks,
Mohan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can't answer your question, DDE "Dynamic Data Exchange" suggests not
directly possible to 'exchange' objects, but maybe someone knows.

My reply is only to remind anyone testing your code snippet to close the
channel (if successfully opened) with DDETerminate channelNumber

Regards,
Peter T