Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default can excel show due dates automatically?

I need to creat an excell spead sheet that will show due dates. I need it to
show that in 30 days a reports is due or that, if your licenses is due to be
renewed in 90 days it will show you or aleart you of that date. Is this
possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Take a look at conditional formatting.

Assuming that the due dates are in B2:B20, they will flagged as follows:

* green - not due for 90 days or more
* yellow - not due for 30 days or upto 90 days
* red - due in less than 30 days or overdue

The conditional formatting will be formula driven, and to avoid showing a
light on a blank line kit tests for no date.

To create this traffic lights, follow these steps:

* Step 1.
Select the all applicable rows in the 'Dates' colum, starting in row 2

* Step 2.
Goto Menu FormatConditional Formatting
Change Condition 1 to Formula Is
Add a formula of
=AND(B2<"",B2<=TODAY()-90)
Click the Format button
Select the Font Tab
Select bright green from the Color dropdown
Select the Pattern Tab
Select dark green from the palette
OK

* Step 3.
Goto Menu FormatConditional Formatting
Change Condition 1 to Formula Is
Add a formula of
=AND(B2<"",B2<=TODAY()-30)
Click the Format button
Select the Font Tab
Select yellow from the Color dropdown
Select the Pattern Tab
Select dark green from the palette
OK

* Step 4.
Goto Menu FormatConditional Formatting
Change Condition 1 to Formula Is
Add a formula of
=AND(B2<"",B2TODAY()-30)
Click the Format button
Select the Font Tab
Select red from the Color dropdown
Select the Pattern Tab
Select dark green from the palette
OK
OK

You should have the due periods all colour coded now

--
---
HTH

Bob