Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Name checking

I had a list in Row A that goes straight down---say 20 given names .
And I am asking the user to input a name.The system checks THE
INPUTtED NAME and then goes to show me if "it is" there or it is
"not" with a message. I am getting some problems with the coding that
I wrote. USing VBA---any help would be good...Thanks...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe something like this:

Dim r As Range
Dim strName As String

strName = InputBox("Enter a name")

Set r = Range("A2:A4").Find(strName)

If r Is Nothing Then
MsgBox strname & " not found!"
Else
MsgBox strname & " found in " & r.Address
End If

ps.com...