Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default File size keeps fluctuating wildly!

I'm developing a financial calculator which has lots of VBA code, a few
charts, and some basic UI stuff. It seems every time I open it and save it,
the size varies anywhere between 4 and 7 meg even though I open it with the
Shift key held down, and I have ThisWorkbook.KeepChangeHistory = False in the
Workbook_Open even handler and other places.

I've also tried stuff like deleting all unused rows and columns out to
IV65536, setting global formats and making very few exceptions, etc., and it
makes a difference, but only temporarily. I've even tried repeatedly opening
it (with Shift down), making one tiny change, and saving it to minimize the
size of the Undo buffer, but the size still fluctuates.

Any ideas out there?

--

--Andy Smith
Senior Systems Analyst