Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ann ann is offline

Default Sum cells based on two criteria

I need a total (count) broken down by user (name) and month. What formula can
I use to achieve this? SUMIF only allows 1 criterion, whereas I have two
(name and month).

A2 = Count
B2 = Name
C2 = Month

EXPECTED RESULTS:
Jan Feb Mar
Smith 20 4 15
Jones 16 12 19

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

use an AND function inside the SUMIF

SUMIF(range1,AND(month=2,Name="ANN),range2)

the 2nd parametter of the SUMIF can be any function or equationthat returns
a TRUE or FALSE response

"Ann" wrote:

I need a total (count) broken down by user (name) and month. What formula can
I use to achieve this? SUMIF only allows 1 criterion, whereas I have two
(name and month).

A2 = Count
B2 = Name
C2 = Month

EXPECTED RESULTS:
Jan Feb Mar
Smith 20 4 15
Jones 16 12 19

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ann ann is offline

I think I'm closer, but still having trouble getting a sum on the count.
Could you review this array?

{=SUM(IF($B$3:$B$759="Despain",IF($C$3:$C$759="Jan uary",$A$3:$A$759,0),0))}

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

That doesn't work Joel.

Tom Ogilvy

"Ann" wrote:

I need a total (count) broken down by user (name) and month. What formula can
I use to achieve this? SUMIF only allows 1 criterion, whereas I have two
(name and month).

A2 = Count
B2 = Name
C2 = Month

EXPECTED RESULTS:
Jan Feb Mar
Smith 20 4 15
Jones 16 12 19

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

does your source look like this

55 Despain January
25 Despain February

and column C actually holds the month as a string. (not as a date formatted
to display only the month)

Tom Ogilvy

"Ann" wrote in message
I think I'm closer, but still having trouble getting a sum on the count.
Could you review this array?

{=SUM(IF($B$3:$B$759="Despain",IF($C$3:$C$759="Jan uary",$A$3:$A$759,0),0))}

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

That doesn't work Joel.

Tom Ogilvy