Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SaveAs AutoRecover error?

In advance, I appreciate any help or suggestions...

I have an Excel workbook called "PXImport" that is very simple, yet I
encounter the SaveAs auto-recover dialog box appearing regularly with
the generic "90FBE46L" as a default name and no error message.

PXImport is linked to a local data source that changes in real-time.
PXImport is saved in 10 second intervals in order to save its current
state so that several external workbooks can remotely link to
PXImport.

The basic flow of PXImport follows:
1) OpenWorkbook() - Runs when the book is opened & initializes an
update timer macro.
2) UpdateTimer() - A timer will call the save data macro every 10
seconds.
3) SaveData() - This macro has only one line: ActiveWorkbook.Save
This process repeates every 10 seconds... There are remote books on
our network that will link to PXImport.

It runs just fine about 98.5% of the time. Every once in a while
everything will stop and I am greeted with the SaveAs box with a name
like "90FBE46L". As you can imagine, this causes stability issues. I
use ActiveWorkbook.Save inorder to keep the workbook current because I
have remote books linked to this one. If I do not use
ActiveWorkbook.Save, the book will not stay current for the remote
books to link to.

Is there any better way of keeping Excel current for remotely linked
books to link to other than using ActiveWorkbook.Save?

Regards,
ThatDude...