Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Connecting to Access Database from Excel

Hi - I'm tring to open an Access 2003 database from Excel 2003 and append a
range of Excel cell values into an existing table.

When I try to declare the connection variable, I got a compiler error for
"user-defined type not define" for

Dim Conn As New ADODB.Connection

Is there anything else I need to do before declaring the connection variable?

Thanks!

Feifei

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In Excel,
have you created a reference in the VBE in tools = Referneces to the ADODB
reference library?

Tom Ogilvy