Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to make the dot in different size depend on the data in a scatter chart?

I have the following data that I want to plot, "Days" for X and
"Yield" for Y. However I want the size of the mark be different
depend on the "Weight". How can I do that in Excel?

Yield Weight Days
5.29 2.63% 56
5.26 2.63% 51
5.25 1.31% 50
5.28 1.31% 61
5.25 0.74% 56
5.26 1.31% 62
5.24 2.63% 85
5.29 1.31% 90
5.25 2.44% 55
5.31 1.47% 22
5.31 2.63% 91
5.25 1.89% 41
5.32 0.06% 32
5.32 0.33% 32
5.34 0.52% 32
5.34 0.53% 32

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You would have to plot the data, then change the size of the mark for each
point.

John Peltier
http://peltiertech.com/

has a lot of information on programming charts. It should get you started.

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have the following data that I want to plot, "Days" for X and
"Yield" for Y. However I want the size of the mark be different
depend on the "Weight". How can I do that in Excel?

Yield Weight Days
5.29 2.63% 56
5.26 2.63% 51
5.25 1.31% 50
5.28 1.31% 61
5.25 0.74% 56
5.26 1.31% 62
5.24 2.63% 85
5.29 1.31% 90
5.25 2.44% 55
5.31 1.47% 22
5.31 2.63% 91
5.25 1.89% 41
5.32 0.06% 32
5.32 0.33% 32
5.34 0.52% 32
5.34 0.53% 32

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you tried a bubble chart? Rearrange the columns so they read Days,
Yield, Weight from left to right, select the data, and run the chart wizard.
In step 1 choose a Bubble type.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP