Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data Validation Using Radio Buttons

I have set up a series of 4 radio buttons using the control toolbox.
Depending on which of the 4 radio buttons the user selects, I would like to
display the following:

1) Drop down list 1
2) Drop down list 2
3) Drop down list 3
4) No drop down list, the adjacent cell is left empty for manual user input

I have the drop down lists created, but I can't get them to appear on the
form based on the radio button selection. I can set them up as one sorted
list if that is better (as described he
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal13.html )

I have not used VB for about 10 years, please help refresh my memory!

Thank you, -Landon
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sometimes using Data Validation I use indirect to make sure the length of
lists is correct, no matter how that list changes over time.

Instead of directing the validation to say cells C4:C20 have "C4:C20" wrote
in a box, and in the validation put =INDIRECT(C1)

Then, in C1 you could have say a vlookup, that keys off the radio button
option to show either
C4:C20
D4:D20
E4:E40
So the cell in C1 changes to one of the above depending on the option, then
that range will be reflected in your validation list.

The only thing about this, is that option 4 wouldn't be possible, it would
always have to be a list. I can't see a way other than VBA to turn the
validation off and on