Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can result of formula not display if =0

My formula reads: =SUM(B6+B22+B42+B57)
The Result reads: "0" because there are no values in Cells B6, B22, B42 and
B57 yet.
How can I write the formula so the cell shows no value if it equals zero?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you can try something like the following

=IF(SUM(B6+B22+B42+B57)=0,"",SUM(B6+B22+B42+B57))

if the sum = 0 it puts a blank otherwise it puts the sum total.

it's one workaround

David

"Formula Result to Read No Value-Not Zero" wrote:

My formula reads: =SUM(B6+B22+B42+B57)
The Result reads: "0" because there are no values in Cells B6, B22, B42 and
B57 yet.
How can I write the formula so the cell shows no value if it equals zero?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You don't need SUM and +, either

=SUM(B6,B22,B42,B57)

or