Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Call a menu item

I have a custom add in for work that adds another menu at the top of my
excel. I want to write a macro that includes calling an item in that menu.
When I record a macro and go to the item i need, it functions properly
(resets a bunch of dde links) but it doesn't record the code. Anyone know of
a way to call something in a menu by it's name or maybe reset all the dde
links on a worksheet?

Thanks in advance,
David
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can do it with code like

Application.CommandBars.ActiveMenuBar.Controls("Me nuName"). _
Controls("ItemName").Execute

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"dkaydkay" wrote in message
I have a custom add in for work that adds another menu at the top of my
excel. I want to write a macro that includes calling an item in that
menu.
When I record a macro and go to the item i need, it functions properly
(resets a bunch of dde links) but it doesn't record the code. Anyone know
of
a way to call something in a menu by it's name or maybe reset all the dde
links on a worksheet?

Thanks in advance,
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi dkaydkay

You can use Execute

Application.CommandBars("???").Controls("??").Exec ute

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm