Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default EXCEL Sving Formats

I have an Excel spreadsheet that saves in two different formats when you
click save. One is as a webpage the other is just as Excel. How do I remove
the saving as a webpage? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Look for a "Sub Auto_Close()" macro in the modules.

It should have the code lines there that you want to remove.
--
Best wishes,

Jim

"Lumpjaw" wrote:

I have an Excel spreadsheet that saves in two different formats when you
click save. One is as a webpage the other is just as Excel. How do I remove
the saving as a webpage? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

check out the beforesave event of this workbook.

press Alt+F11
double click on ThisWorkbook and in the code window make sure Workbook is
selected in the left dropdown and then in the right dropdown look for
BeforeSave (or any other in the list that is in bold type) and see what code
shows. You should see the code for saving in both types there and you can
remove the one you don't need ( or just put an ' in front of the line of code
to comment it out )

David

"Lumpjaw" wrote:

I have an Excel spreadsheet that saves in two different formats when you
click save. One is as a webpage the other is just as Excel. How do I remove
the saving as a webpage? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks David for the suggestion, unfortunatly in this case there is no code
for the workbook in any case. The way I did this was like this.

I saved my spreadsheet as a regular Excel doc, than I saved it as a single
web page. Now when I open the file and save, it is save in both formats in
two locations. Any other suggestions? thank.

-lumpjaw

"Lumpjaw" wrote:

I have an Excel spreadsheet that saves in two different formats when you
click save. One is as a webpage the other is just as Excel. How do I remove
the saving as a webpage? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim,

I don't believe so it should not matter anyhow because it is the excel doc
that updates the web copy. The single webpage save is saved when ever I save
the main excel document, 2 different copies. Try this to recreate the
problem...

Save an excel doc on the desktop, then save it as a single webpage on the
desktop, then try to turn off the saving as a webpage which updates each
time, this is my problem. Thanks,

"Lumpjaw" wrote:

I have an Excel spreadsheet that saves in two different formats when you
click save. One is as a webpage the other is just as Excel. How do I remove
the saving as a webpage? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Lumpjaw,

I'm sorry but I cannot get the situation to occur. I tried several
different ways and to no avail. This may be redundant but, did you click on
"Tools/Macros" to see if any macros exist in the workbook? That's the last
thing I can think of.
--
Best wishes,

Jim

"Lumpjaw" wrote:

I have an Excel spreadsheet that saves in two different formats when you
click save. One is as a webpage the other is just as Excel. How do I remove
the saving as a webpage? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's probably set for AutoRepublish. To turn this feature off:

Open the workbook
Choose FileSave as Web Page
Click Publish
In the Choose list, click Previously published items.
Select the range that you want to stop republishing
Click Remove.
Click Close.
Choose FileSave

"Lumpjaw" wrote:

I have an Excel spreadsheet that saves in two different formats
when you
click save. One is as a webpage the other is just as Excel.
How do I remove
the saving as a webpage? Thanks.

--
Debra Dalgleish