Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default BUSINESS DAYS - Need function that will list next 3 business days.

This seems simple but I can't seem to figure out how to do it.

In a worksheet I have a cell into which today's date is entered automatically.
Using =Now()

I want excel to give me the next three business days (i.e. next 3 days
excluding holidays and weekends)

For example if today is Thursday 2/15, I want it to give me
Friday 2/16
Monday 2/19
Tuesday 2/20.

Any bright ideas?
Monday 2/
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How do you know the holidays ?
e.g. Monday & Tuesday are holidays for me in HK.

Weekday( ) can tell the day of the week.

NickHK

"Jay CFA" <Jay wrote in message
This seems simple but I can't seem to figure out how to do it.

In a worksheet I have a cell into which today's date is entered

automatically.
Using =Now()

I want excel to give me the next three business days (i.e. next 3 days
excluding holidays and weekends)

For example if today is Thursday 2/15, I want it to give me
Friday 2/16
Monday 2/19
Tuesday 2/20.

Any bright ideas?
Monday 2/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If your original date is A1 in B1 =WORKDAY(A1,1)
in B2 =WORKDAY(A1,2)
in B3 =WORKDAY(A1,3)

(from this ng)
--
Robert

"Jay CFA" wrote:

This seems simple but I can't seem to figure out how to do it.

In a worksheet I have a cell into which today's date is entered automatically.
Using =Now()

I want excel to give me the next three business days (i.e. next 3 days
excluding holidays and weekends)

For example if today is Thursday 2/15, I want it to give me
Friday 2/16
Monday 2/19
Tuesday 2/20.

Any bright ideas?
Monday 2/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don't forget the holidays

=WORKDAY(A1,1,holidays)

where holidays is named range of holiday dates.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips