Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Okay, dumb question.

I have several custom views set up in a workbook and would like to make them
into buttons for those users who simply don't like using the menu bar. I've
done it before but that was a long time ago and my memory just isn't what it
used to be. I vaguely recall having to set something up in the "THis
workbook" module.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can get the code to set the view by turning on the macro recorder and
changing the view manually.

Then the question is what you want the user to do to change the view. You
can put buttons on the worksheet using the forms toolbar - then you would
assign a macro to the button and change the caption. Or you could put
commandbuttons from the control toolbox toolbar and by double clicking on
them in design mode, access the click event code where you would put in the
commands you recorded.

I don't see a role for the Thisworkbook module unless you want to use the
Workbook_Open event to initialize the view or perform some other initializing
action.

Tom Ogilvy

"RominallL" wrote:

I have several custom views set up in a workbook and would like to make them
into buttons for those users who simply don't like using the menu bar. I've
done it before but that was a long time ago and my memory just isn't what it
used to be. I vaguely recall having to set something up in the "THis
workbook" module.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could customize your toolbar to add it or I just recorded this that you
could assign to a button.

Sub Macro2()
'
' Macro2 Macro
' Macro recorded 2/12/2007 by Don Guillett
'

'
ActiveWorkbook.CustomViews("a").Show

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"RominallL" wrote in message
I have several custom views set up in a workbook and would like to make
them
into buttons for those users who simply don't like using the menu bar.
I've
done it before but that was a long time ago and my memory just isn't what
it
used to be. I vaguely recall having to set something up in the "THis
workbook" module.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, I tried recording the macro and it wasn't working and it's Monday so
I gave up too early. I was naming pointing the button code to a blank macro.

The workbook is passed from one person to another with additional info added
each time. So, I want the buttons to appear when they open the workbook and
I think I got that figured out but now if they resize a column it screws up
the button. Is there some setting I'm missing?

"RominallL" wrote:

I have several custom views set up in a workbook and would like to make them
into buttons for those users who simply don't like using the menu bar. I've
done it before but that was a long time ago and my memory just isn't what it
used to be. I vaguely recall having to set something up in the "THis
workbook" module.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

right click on the button and view the format control item. Under properties
you should have some choices on how it reponds to structure changes in the
worksheet.

If a control toolbox toolbar commandbutton, you would have to use the first
button in the control toolbox toolbar to put the sheet in design mode first.
Tom Ogilvy

"RominallL" wrote:

I have several custom views set up in a workbook and would like to make them
into buttons for those users who simply don't like using the menu bar. I've
done it before but that was a long time ago and my memory just isn't what it
used to be. I vaguely recall having to set something up in the "THis
workbook" module.

Dumb Question David Excel Worksheet Functions 2 May 28th 07 08:13 PM
Dumb question kirkm[_3_] Excel Programming 6 July 6th 06 11:49 AM
Dumb Dim Question Michael Smith Excel Programming 1 June 25th 04 05:43 PM
dumb question john m Excel Programming 2 December 24th 03 04:13 PM
Really Dumb Question Novice[_8_] Excel Programming 4 December 19th 03 01:20 AM