Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Userform : Font size problem

Hello !

Using XL2003 VBA, I'm designing a user form, and I have a hard time
getting the font size I wish when changing controls properties.

For instance, if I draw a label, by default it has 12 point height, and
the police is set to Tahoma 8pt.

If I change the label's height property to exactly 14, the police
displayed on screen gets smaller (I would say like 7 pt, if not 6), but
the size in the label property is still 8pt.

Setting the label height to 12, 13, 15 or 16 shows correctly a 8pt
caption, but not 14.

Since I'm designing a form containing many lines where labels,
textboxes and buttons are side by side, using the 14pt label heigh
eases the task of aligning and spacing the controls. If possible, I'd
like to avoid using another size.

Any idea why this happens and how to fix this ?

Also, any idea why it takes a minimum 20pt height button to hold a 8pt
caption in it ? Sorry if this seems basic, but I'm used to Access
where a smaller (16pt) button can hold a 8pt caption without truncating
it, and where the same 16pt button can be placed beside a 16pt textbox
without having to tweak with properties to align the captions.

Thanks..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don't know if this will answer your question, but it has a lot of info about
fonts.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/font.htm

"Michel S." wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, the site you are referring to talks about dealing with
*cells* fonts within VBA. The problem I have is with controls on a
user form defined within Excel VBA environment.

MS

JLGWhiz a émis l'idée suivante :